Who says fajitas have to be served with tortillas? This hearty, healthy rice bowl is an excellent meal prep idea!
Fajita Rice Bowl
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 cup of Solecito salsa
- 2 bell peppers, cut into thick strips
- 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced into thick strips
- 1 large white onion, sliced into thick rings
- 1.5 lb skinless, boneless chicken, sliced into strips OR 1 block firm tofu, sliced
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 cup cooked or canned lentils or beans
- 5 cups cooked rice (for serving)
- In a small bowl combine chilli powder, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and toss the chicken or tofu until coated.
- Note: if using tofu, make sure to press the water out before seasoning to remove excess moisture.
- Preheat a grill or skillet to medium-high. Brush the peppers, mushrooms and onion with olive oil. Grill the vegetables, turning halfway through, until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove them to a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken or tofu until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Divide the rice among bowls. Top with the chicken or tofu, vegetables, lentils or beans, and your choice of Solecito salsa.