This easy mason jar salad recipe is perfect for weekday meal prep and a healthy, filling lunch option at the office!
Mexican Mason Jar Salad
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 cup of Solecito salsa
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup cooked or canned black beans, drained
- 1 cup yellow corn
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 - 4 radishes
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Fresh lettuce or spinach, chopped
- 1 cup cooked seasoned chicken, shredded (optional)
- Divide the salsa between 5 pint-size mason jars. Having the salsa at the bottom of the jar ensures your vegetables won’t get soggy while the rice at the bottom is infused with spice and flavour.
- Divide the rice, beans, corn, red onion, radishes, avocados, cherry tomatoes and chicken (if desired) among the jars in layers. Top with fresh lettuce or spinach until the jar is full, and sprinkle with a bit of cilantro before screwing on the lid.
- When ready to eat, turn the jar upside down to allow the salsa to trickle down. Shake well and then pour contents into a bowl. Enjoy as is or with a side of tortilla chips.