This recipe, made with our fresh Mi Pueblito salsa Verde, offers a fresh twist on traditional meatballs and serves as a great main or side dish.
Tuna Meatballs in Salsa Verde
- Difficulty Level Medium
- 1 can of tuna (in water)
- 250 grams Solecito salsa verde
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 100 Ml chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 hard boiled egg (finely chopped)
- canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs and the chicken broth.
- In a separate bowl, slightly beat the Raw egg. Mix in the parsley, tuna, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Combine the bread crumbs and raw egg mixtures. Add the hard boiled egg. Roll out the mixture into 1.5 inch meatballs.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil on medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the meatballs with flour and fry them in the oil until golden brown.
- While the meatballs are cooking, pour the salsa into a small pot and heat at medium-low heat.
- When the meatballs are golden on the outside, remove and place on a rack or brown paper bag, to drain excess oil.
- Place the meatballs on a dish and drizzle with salsa verde.
- Optional: cover with queso fresco or your favourite cheese.