These veggie-filled enchiladas are so delicious we guarantee even meat-lovers will love them! For an excellent vegan alternative, substitute the cheese with your favourite vegan cheese alternative.
- 150 g onion, chopped
- 250 g mushrooms, chopped
- 150 g spinach, chopped (can use frozen, chopped spinach)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 50 g corn
- 1 cup Solecito salsa
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese (or cheese alternative)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and heat medium-low heat.
- Sauté onions for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté for another 5 - 6 minutes, until water evaporates. Add spinach. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add corn. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan, combine the Solecito salsa and broth. Place on the stove at medium-low heat. Let simmer.
- In a large pan, pour oil to about 1/2 cm in height. Heat the pan on the stove at medium heat. Once the oil is hot, cook each tortilla individually (just enough to soften the tortilla - about 3-5 seconds).
- Divide the vegetable filling evenly among the tortillas. Roll each one up into a taquito and arrange them snugly in one layer in a large baking dish, seam side down.
- Drizzle the warm salsa mixture on top of the enchiladas. Finish with a layer of shredded cheese.
- Cover with lid or foil and bake for approx. 20 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt. Uncover and broil for 2 - 3 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown.