These chicken enchiladas are great for dinner and can be reheated to make tasty leftovers. They’re a gluten-free meal option, too!
Enchiladas de Pollo en Salsa Verde (Chicken Enchiladas in Salsa Verde)
- Difficulty Level Medium
- 1 cup Solecito Salsa Verde
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 lbs cooked, shredded chicken (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 8-10 Solecito corn tortillas
- 1 cup whipping cream, crema fresca or sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- Sliced white onion and/or radishes, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine the Salsa Verde and broth. Place on the stove at medium-low heat. Let simmer.
- In a large pan, pour the canola oil to about 1/2 cm in height. Heat the pan on the stove at medium heat. Once the oil is hot, cook each tortilla individually (just enough to soften the tortilla - about 3-5 seconds).
- Divide the shredded chicken evenly among the tortillas. Roll each one up into a taquito and arrange them snugly in one layer in a large baking dish, seam side down.
- Drizzle the warm Salsa Verde on top of the enchiladas. Spread the cream evenly on top and finish with a layer of shredded cheese.
- Cover with lid or foil and bake for approx. 20 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt. Uncover and broil for 2 - 3 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown.
- Serve with sliced onions and radishes, if desired.