These vegan mole enchiladas are great for dinner and can be reheated to make tasty leftovers. They’re a gluten-free meal option, too!
Enchiladas in Vegan Mole Sauce
- 12 enchiladas
- Difficulty Level Medium
- 1 package Solecito Vegan Mole Sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup cooked or canned black beans
- 1 cup roasted sweet potato, diced and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 12 Solecito corn tortillas
- Optional toppings: sesame seeds, vegan sour cream, sliced white onion, avocado, cilantro, parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine the Vegan Mole Sauce and broth. Place on the stove at medium-low heat. Let simmer.
- Brush the tortillas lightly with oil on both sides and lay them on a baking sheet in stacks of twos. Slide them into the oven and bake just long enough to make them soft and pliable (2 - 3 minutes). Remove the tortillas from the oven and stack them in a single pile, wrapping them with a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
- Holding a tortilla at one edge, dip it into the sauce, then lay it on an empty plate. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of black beans and 1 of sweet potato down the centre, roll up into a taquito, and lay on a dinner plate. Repeat with the remainder of the tortillas, laying 2 - 3 per plate.
- Drizzle the remaining enchilada sauce on top, dividing evenly among all the plates.
- Garnish with the toppings of your choice. Serve immediately.